- Our Town
Ready, Set, Learn!
Bowen Island Community School and its community partners are inviting all three- and four year-old children and their families to the annual Ready, Set, Learn, (RSL) early learning event. RSL will take place on Saturday, February 22 from 9:45am-11:45am at Bowen Island Community School (BICS) in the primary wing.
This free morning of fun parent/child activities and information is hosted by community partners and sponsored by the West Vancouver School District.
The morning includes:
- A complimentary early learning resource kit
- Nutrition information from Vancouver Coastal Health representatives
- Information on the importance of learning through play and kindness
- Visits from community recreation & community safety representatives, (meet your local RCMP, sit in a fire truck or see the inside of an ambulance).
- Fun & entertainment, (including music, how to create a story on the go, and more).
- A healthy snack and an opportunity for parents to socialize and make connections
BICS is grateful to community partners and volunteers who give generously of their time to connect families to local island resources. RSL community partners include: Bowen Island Community School, Bowen Children’s Centre, Family Place, Bowen Montessori, Vancouver Coastal Health, Bowen Community Recreation, Bowen Island Public Library, Vancouver Coastal Health, local RCMP, Ambulance, Emergency Social Services, Bowen Island Volunteer Firefighters and the West Vancouver School District.
Ready, Set, Learn is a provincial early learning initiative that supports all Bowen Island families regardless of their child’s future educational path.
“Early Childhood Development (ECD) programs and services are designed to help parents, service providers and family members provide the best possible start for BC’s children.
Early childhood development refers to the growth that takes place from pre–conception until age six. The early years are the most critical for neurological development, as the most significant brain growth occurs in the first six years of life. The experiences of early childhood have a profound impact on the overall health and well being of individuals throughout their lifetime. “ Ministry of Education website.
For more information: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/early_learning/rsl/ )
Please contact BICS to confirm your family’s attendance at this event: 604.947.9337.