On August 6 and 7, writers and word lovers will gather at the Cove Commons for the literary event of the year! Write On Bowen, in partnership with The Hearth and the Bowen Island Public Library, presents workshops and a gala evening of readings by both local and off-island writers and poets.
Mark your calendar to register, beginning Sunday, May 15.
Eight workshops in four time slots are offered over two days, to be held at the Library Annex and Copper Spirit Distillery, generous sponsors of the festival. With a Full Festival Pass, participants register for four workshops and can also attend a lunchtime panel and Saturday evening gala.
Participants are invited to choose from a selection of eight engaging workshops:
- Writing Down the Bones with beloved and critically-acclaimed local poet Jude Neale;
- Plotting the Mystery with noted crime novelist Sam Wiebe, author of the Wakeland novels;
- How to Write a Killer Opening Scene with award-winning screenwriter Ken Hegan;
- How to Start a Compelling Memoir (And Not Lose Your Mind) with Lindsay Wong, author of the bestselling memoir The Woo-Woo;
- Publishing 101 with Windy Dorrestyn, the VP/director of marketing for Random House;
- Words that Capture the World with Bowen’s own Susan Alexander, who was awarded the 2019 Mitchell Prize;
- Silencing Your Inner Critic with Elee Kraljii-Gardiner, poet, editor, and director of the Vancouver Manuscript Intensive program;
- Climbing the Mountain: Writing your Novel as a Series of Easy Ascents with C. C. Humphreys, a multi-award-winning author of over twenty best-selling novels.
On Saturday evening, the Write On Bowen Gala features presentations by Vancouver Poet Laureate Fiona Tinwei Lam along with Ken Hegan, Sam Wiebe, Kung Jaadee, CC Humphreys, Pauline Le Bel, and Jude Neale.
The early-bird price of a Full Festival Pass is $180, available only until June 1, at which point the price rises to $225. A very limited number of one-day passes are also available at the Early Bird Price of $120 for Saturday only (includes the Gala) and $80 for Sunday only.
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants, so we encourage you to buy your passes when they go on sale May 15 to secure your preferred workshops.
For more information and to register, please visit: writeonbowen.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org