The Bowen Island RCMP responded to 30 calls for service in December of 2019:
- 2 of those files were roadblocks
- 3 of those files were minor collisions with no injuries
- 1 was a report of mischief to property
- 1 was a report of harassing communications
- 1 was a report of a missing hiker, who was safely recovered.
As we head into the New Year and the Queen of Capilano heads in for service, police would like to remind drivers that Section 141 of the BC Motor Vehicle Act requires them to follow the directions of a traffic control person. Failing to do so could result in a $196 fine and three demerit points.
Please be polite while following the direction of the ferry marshal and courteous to other drivers while in the lineup, so that everyone can load the boat safely.
Your patience is appreciated during this period of increased congestion.