The Bowen Island RCMP responded to 63 calls for service in August 2019:
- 5 of those files were roadblocks
- 3 driving suspensions were issued as a result of those roadblocks
- 1 was a vehicle that rolled on Taylor Rd
- 7 were reports of mischief to property
- 1 was an assault
- 1 was a breach of probation
The Dock Dance, ball tournament and Bowfest were well attended. There were no liquor act violations or significant issues noted during any of the events.
The August traffic stats are not yet available.
Police would like to remind drivers that School is back in session, so the marked school zones are in force once again and students will be on the roadways. Speeding in a school zone carries a maximum fine of $253.