This is a revamped version of “What's cancelled on Bowen and how businesses are adapting to COVID-19"
We will update this list of cancelled events and modified services and events daily. Know of developments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To search this page, press "command-F."
Here's how organizations and businesses are adapting to COVID-19:
- Bowen Island Municipality: "Municipal Hall is closed to the public, effective immediately. We will continue to provide essential services. Please contact us by phone 604-947-4255 or e-mail email@example.com to make alternative arrangements to in-person service." BIM has activated the emergency operations centre and is asking that visitors not come to the island and return home if they're already on the island.
- BIM has also closed the basketball court, the tennis court and the West Vancouver School District has closed all its playgrounds (this includes Bowen Island Community School's).
- Bowen Island RCMP detachment office is closed and non-essential services suspended.
- Knick Knack Nook board has suspended most of their grants "until they have a better understanding of how the Covid-19 virus will impact the needs and priorities of the Island."
- Snug Cove General Store: No reusable bags. Bottle depot closed. Only taking credit or debit. Opens at noon on Tuesdays until further notice. No longer checking lottery. Nancy Lee of the General Store is updating the Bowen Island Everything Else Facebook group when there are significant shortages. She also wrote on Facebook, "As we are trying to do some home deliveries for people in need, please realize that you may only have ONE order per week. We will be putting the orders together in the order that we receive them. So make a list and make it count. If you don’t get something in your order I will try and put it into your next week's order. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org." For people who are quarantined or self-isolating: In the subject line put delivery and address, telephone number. For people who are practicing social distancing: In the subject line put pickup, telephone number, let us know the best time for pick up as we can arrange the orders. Have a detailed list: if you can pretend you are shopping, put it in sections, produce, dressing, cleaning supplies, meat, coffee, tomato sauces, soups, baking supplies, canned vegetables, cookies, cereal, cooler and then frozen items. Oh, I nearly forgot the beverage and chip section! An email will be sent to confirm order and the delivery day. We are currently providing delivery service service Wednesday ~ Friday: Pick up is not same day service. An email will be sent to confirm order and pick up date. Please send orders as early as possible so we can arrange them for area (Westside, Eastside)," wrote Lee on March 29.
- Ruddy Potato: Cafe closed. Customers can now pre-order groceries, "We will pick your order, charge your credit card, box it up and have it ready for you to collect at the door. Follow this link for instructions, or email email@example.com," reads a Facebook post. One can also order dinners from the Ruddy Kitchen. Click here to see what's available today. Temporarily closed is the self-serve water station in the store. Have a new water corral outside and doing santization/refills at night.
- Alderwood Farm: only staff allowed in the building. "The Specialty Food Shop at Alderwood Farm will be open but will only be taking orders by phone and Facebook and having these orders available for pick up or delivery. Pick up will be for prepaid items available in bags set outside the shop or for home delivery by FoodonBowen. Please phone us at 604-947-9434 or send a message to our Facebook page. We will be offering a limited menu to assist in keeping our customers and neighbors fed and healthy." Hours: Wednesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Taking orders 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and pick-up is from noon to 3 p.m. Can also ask for no-contact delivery service by Food On Bowen.
- Cates Pharmacy: Will allow patients/customers into the store one at a time at the entrance for pick-up and drop-off only. If you need a prescription filled, or any other pharmacy supplies (it's not just filling prescriptions right now), send in requests via phone, email or fax. Refills can be requested through website. Can place prescription/order in dropbox outside pharmacy door. Place request in a sealed envelope with payment info inside. To quicken pick-up, pharmacy asks that payment for requests emailed or faxed be phoned in prior to pickup. Delivery for those in isolation can be arranged through Artisan Express. Available by phone 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Phone: 604-947-0766; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.medicinecentre.com; fax: 604-947-0736.
- Lifelabs: "Due to staffing shortages Lifelabs will be UNABLE to provide service to Bowen Island on: Tuesday March 31 and Tuesday April 7, Lifelabs will be HERE on Bowen providing their usual services on: Thursday April 2 and Thursday April 9. Lifelabs service will be back to normal as of the week of April 14," says Bowen Island Integrated Health's Facebook page. Other social disntancing measures include: Wait outside or in your car until your number is called (we have a small waiting area so please do not congregate inside). Maintain a 6ft distance from other patients. Wash your hands when you enter the clinic and use hand sanitizer frequently. Limit touching of handles and surfaces. Leave immediately following your appointment.
- Bowen Island United Church (Little Red Church): “We have created a YouTube channel and I will be recording reflections and Lynn [Ellis-Williams] will be singing hymns/songs,” said minister Lorraine Ashdown in an email. “There is something up there now but it’s is only audio recordings. We may get more adventurous as the weeks go by with actual video.” The link to Ashdown’s first recording is here: youtube.com/watch?v=teE-jV7Y6jo
- Cates Hill Chapel: “The Chapel is closed to all public gatherings, both for the church as well as the groups who use our space,” said pastor Phil Adkins in an email. “However, the Chapel is now offering live worship services via Zoom. We did our first gathering on Sunday. There were a few glitches, but it was heart-warming to see everyone and to practice our faith (even if by digital means)...Because each worship gathering has its own link through Zoom, I will be posting a new link on the front page of our website each week for those who can join us.” See Cates Hill Chapel’s website here: cateshillchapel.com.
- St. Gerard’s: Is closed until further notice. However, Mass from Holy Rosary Cathedral in Vancouver is streamed live on the internet every day, said Gayle Stevenson. Live streams are at 7:15 a.m., 12: 10 p.m., 5:10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 6:30 p.m. (in Spanish) and 8 p.m. on Sundays. “Cathedral staff are hoping to have other video resources, such as Stations of the Cross, available for download in time for Holy Week,” said Stevenson. See the cathedral’s website here: holyrosarycathedral.org/
Restaurants: An islander compiled all of the take-out menues of the open restaurants and cafes, see here.
- Artisan Eats: A note on Facebook April 1 said that Artisan Eats and the Snug are closed for the rest of the week while tweaking their new systems, but will be back.
- Tuscany "As the situation and timelines continue to develop we are closing temporarily to take the time to plan accordingly. We also feel that taking the surgeon general’s recommendations at this time is well advised for those who are able. Your support for our business in this time continues to be crucial so please stay in touch on social media or by just giving us a call. We’re not going anywhere and we look forward to seeing y’all soon. Www.tuscanypizza.com," said a post on Facebook.
- Doc Morgan's: Take-out only and off sales. Hours: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Number is 604-947-0808. See Facebook for specials. Free delivery for orders over $50 or $5 flat rate for small orders.
- The Snug Cafe: A note on Facebook April 1 said that Artisan Eats and the Snug are closed for the rest of the week while tweaking their new systems, but will be back.
- Bowen Island Pub: Take-out/delivery only, hours: noon to 9 p.m. "The Pub has launched an updated website that makes ordering Take-out and Delivery easier with an updated menu landing page and links to delivery. We have also introduced the ability to pre-order takeout meals ahead of time online by using our new email ordering form…check out www.bowenpub.com. With new changes in legislation The Pub is now able to offer the purchase of beer and wine with your take-out and delivery orders. Pricing and selection is available at our online ordering page. The Bowen Pub has introduced “bulk buying on Bowen”. In an effort to keep Sysco Wholesale Foods delivering to the island with the lower volume in restaurant business and to minimize trips into town and take some pressure off the General Store, The Pub is offering community members the ability to purchase bulk foods and case lots directly through us. Please “like” and follow Bowen Pub on Facebook for deals and details on what items are available for purchase each week. Orders will be placed by Wednesday at noon and received at the pub on Thursdays. Customers may order by emailing email@example.com. Orders can be picked up at the pub Take-Out Desk and paid for by credit or debit at time of pick up. The Pub is committed to remaining open for the above services seven days a week from 12-8pm…call 947-BPUB (2782) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information," said owner Glenn Cormier.
- Cocoa West: Starting March 18 "the take out window at our chocolate cafe will remain open, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. We have removed our indoor seating. Patio chairs are set up on the patio at a respectable social distance from each other––please enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. We will continue to keep all of our employees and customers safe with regular sanitization practices," said a post on Cocoa West's Facebook Page. "You may continue to purchase at the store take out window, call in an order 604 947-2996, email email@example.com."
- Rustique Bistro: open for take-out. Wednesday to Saturday 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 604.947.2277 or message on Facebook to order.
- Barcelona Tapas and Wine Bar: take-out only. Pick-up and pay through the take-out window. "We've selected your favourite tapas that you can order through the phone and come and pick up at the window." Check Facebook, Instagram or Google for the take-out menu. Temporary opening hours effective March 19: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day. 604-947-2311.
- Bowen Sushi: offering delivery for $5 if an order is under $50 and free if over $50. 604-947-6806. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tell Your Friends Café: closed. Trying out delivery – see Facebook for options
- Branch on Bowen: Delivering taco kids and earnest ice cream deliveries. Tuesdays and Thursdays cut off for orders is noon the day of delivery. No pickups. Starting with limited numbers so order early to get your tacos. https://squareup.com/store/branch-on-bowen.
- The Village Baker: Now closed until further notice. "It is too risky for Neil with his chronic arthritis to be in a public space. Hopefully we will be back in business soon. Please supprt each other, stay safe and healthy," wrote Helen Reynolds on Facebook.
- Bowen Island Espresso Hut is closed however owner Chiara Perin is keeping the coffee roaster open and is offering also a home delivery for people needing coffee beans at home. Text 604-417-5003 for Bowen Coffee orders.
- Food on Bowen: All deliveries contact-less. Now taking PayPal and credit card and e-transfer. Delivering 7 days a week. Hours: noon to 8 p.m. Sunday to Thursday; noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Artisan Office Services Ltd. and Artisan Express: Offering free delivery to those in self-isolation. See here.
Alcohol and cannabis:
- Bowen Beer and Wine Cellar: Debit or credit (preferably tap) only (no cash accepted). Starting March 18 will offer delivery service to those in self-isolation or vulnerable. The delivery service will be run in daylight hours and deliveries will be scheduled for up to next day delivery. One must be home to receive alcohol (and in cases where driveways and roads aren't accessible there'll need to be arrangements to drop at a friend's or be met nearby) and deliveries must be pre-paid. Not accepting bottle return at this time.Enter through South door (the one furthest down the passageway) and exit through North door. Telephone number is 604-947-2729 for pick up and delivery.
- Copper Spirit Distillery: closing the lounge and focusing on production. "We will be offering bottle sales Of vodka, rye spirit and gin by pick-up and delivery for those who are self distancing. People can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place orders––we will e-mail invoices." Currently making hand sanitizer for essential services with some sometimes available for locals.
- Happy Isle Cannabis Company: remains open usual hours. "Our inventory and selection of products have been adjusted to meet the increased demand and have been assured that our inbound deliveries will remain the same schedule," said manager Rob Forbes on Facebook. "By law we cannot provide home deliveries. However, for seniors and others that are more vulnerable in our community we are extending our service to include private consultation appointments between the hours of 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. To set up an appointment, please call during our regular hours 604-947-9888 before 5 p.m. All appointments are set up 20 minutes apart to avoid contact with other customers either arriving or leaving. Please respect your time allocation."
Other services and businesses:
- Bowen Waste Solutions: Garbage: must be baged and placed in curb-side receptacle (no loose garbage accepted.) No loose waste, tissues or toilet paper soiled with human fluids, disinfectant or cleaner. All disposable wipes are garbage. Container should weigh no more than 40 lb. Household limit of 3 curb-side items (food waste, bags, cans or bundles).
- Bowen Island Recycling Depot: Reopening April 3. Hours: Thursday through Monday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. “Upon entry to BIRD, vehicles will be directed by staff to the parking area,” says the press release. “A maximum of two vehicles will have access to the building at one time, allowing for physical distancing requirements.” Temporary limits and procedures include that: All recyclables must be clean and pre-sorted; One person per vehicle can enter the building. Children and pets need to remain the vehicle; Five-minute sorting time per vehicle; A maximum of four containers per vehicle; No electronics or refundables accepted at this time but there are some Vancouver bottle depots accepting these items, says the release.
- Bowen Fuels: "The station has been busy. I’ve been told the supply from the refinery will continue as normal. We are asking that customers practice social distancing stay 6 feet apart and only one customer at a time in the shack to do the transaction. Also let the attendant pump the fuel be patient and treat them with respect. We also ask customers to pay by debit or credit if possible. We are contemplating reducing the hours. For my home heating oil customers I’m doing my best to make sure everyone has enough to keep them going. It has been a little stressful this last year making sure the station and my customers have fuel," Ian and Christine Radley of Bowen Fuels.
- Bowen Freight: "Bowen Freight is doing everything we can to prevent bringing the Covid-19 virus back to the Island. Our driver dawns a protective P-100 respirator and latex gloves before entering a warehouse, disposes of the gloves before reentering the cab and then sanitizes his hands. On the return ferry he changes into a fresh set of clothing and seals the ‘soiled’ clothing in a garbage bag for washing that evening. At this time we’re accepting requests for vital cargo (food / drugs / pet food, etc..), reasonably vital cargo enabling islanders to continue in maintenance mode (appliances, plumbing, roofing, etc) or assist in becoming more self-sustainable (generators, green houses, etc..) We will not be accepting cargo for renovations / upgrades or furniture and ask that you not order such things at this time. Because of social distancing we will only be offering curb side drops (ie. As close to the destination we can get with the truck). In some cases we may be able to deliver to door if able to be done by our driver (ie. Level ground to door). Canpar / DHL / Loomis / Fedex ground will continue as usual but will be left at the door with no signature required. I consider our driver to be a hero for undertaking this challenge and commend him for bravery on the front line. You might want to express your gratitude through a window with a wave and a smile," says Allan Mills.
- Bowen Island Post Office: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Cormorant Marine: "Afternoon commuter trips suspended until further notice. The late night service, which has been provided for 42 years will be suspended starting [March 18] until further notice. We will still provide private charter service. As well, the many trips we do for the Ambulance Service and other essential providers will be unaffected," wrote Brian Biddlecombe on Facebook.
- Bowen Building Centre: "Bowen Building Centre is no longer open to the public except for sales of propane, presto logs and pellets on Tuesday and Friday between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Contractor sales will be load and go and only for existing accounts who order in advance. We will no longer be accepting cash so credit or debit accepted. Thank you for your understanding," owner Anna Donnelly wrote on Facebook.
- First Credit Union: Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday. "We have divided the staff in to two teams that will rotate on a 2 week basis. This leaves us very short staffed on a day to day basis, so: we will no longer be open on Saturdays. Please help us flatten the curve by doing what you can over the phone or online and if you do come in, maintaining social distance."
- First Class Property Services Ltd: "As an essential service provider we are continuing to help our Bowen clients with their exterior building maintenance needs. Will send a proper update shortly on our revised/expanded list of services," says owner Jordan Goodbrand.
- Bowen Veterinary Services: still offering wellness & vaccine appointments but limiting to one in morning and one in afternoon. Spacing out all other appointments to allow for more cleaning and disinfecting. Leave all personal items such as collars, leashes, blankets, toys etc. at home. Will ask three basic health-related questions before allowing entry and if one answers yes or is symptomatic, someone else needs to bring pet to vet. Nail trims, anal gland expressions or non-essential tech appointments postponed until further notice. Will continue to send after-hours emergency and critical care patients to Mountainside Animal Hospital & 24 Hr Services.
- The Watering Can Supply: hours changed to Monday to Friday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Implementing pickup and drop off system outside shop and a delivery service. "Drop your bottles in a bag with your name and a list of items (or message me the list). I can drop these items off to you or you can pick them up outside of the shop during store hours. Drop off 5$. 3) If you are in self quarantine I am able to pick up and drop off your items. Pick up and drop off 10$ 4) I will need to have your card on file to process payment so please be in touch with me by phone (call or text) to get this info to me," says owner Casey Kennedy. "Please only submit orders by phone," said the Watering Can Supply in an Instagram post. "All invoices need to be paid within 24 hours."
- Bowen Island Flower Shop: " Our indoor shop is still not open for you to visit, you’ll find flower, indoor plants and gifts on our website for order, but our courtyard garden centre will continue to operate on an “honour system” with social distancing required. (any plant advice needed we are happy to give you via email or phone).Daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Please read the info on the door for payment options. A simple photograph and or list to email@example.com and we’ll send you an invoice back as we need to add tax.) Remember, only visit if you feel well, are not living with someone quarantined, and respect social distancing if someone else is there." The shop said on Facebook. See selection and more information on its website.
- Matthews IT Consulting is still offering remote support for those who may be working from home: 604-970-2245.
- Bowen Island Integrated Health: suspending non-essential services at the clinic until further notice. Those with appointments will be contacted and alternative options offered for continued care. Select practitioners offering treatment options through clinic closure. Telehealth service through Jane App include emergency mobile services for incapacitating injuries (chiropractic and physiotherapy), telehealth new injury assessments (chiropractic, physiotherapy and kinesiology), telehealth subsequent sessions (chiropractic, physiotherapy and kineseology), telehealth mental health services (registered psychologists), telehealth dietitian services (registered dietitian). Patients in rehabilitation programs with therapists will be contacted directly. Encouraging anyone who may need their services to contact directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options. Now offering online consultations via the PhysiApp.
- Positively Fit: closing the doors for the next two weeks (will give update March 29.) Offering small group hikes for studio members (with social distancing) as well as a home program (more details to come.) Gals Group Training will proceed as scheduled, with social distancing (rain or shine:) at the school field. Bring a towel, layered clothing and a sense of humour. Boxing will proceed as scheduled, with social distancing (rain or shine) at the school field. Bring a towel, layered clothing and a sense of humour. Personal Training may be arranged with your trainer to suit you best (outdoor sessions, home designed workouts sent to you etc).
- The Well: is offering virtual yoga classes. There's namastream, "We have a growing library of pre-recorded online classes in a variety of lengths and styles for just $20/month. Click here to sign up. (Members get access for free, contact them for your exclusive coupon code)" says studio manager Sarah Kraatz. And there are livestream classes on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. led by Chantal Russell and Sarah Kraatz. "Book your classes as usual via Mindbody and you’ll get the link via email. Use your existing package or unlimited membership to book. http://thewellonbowen.com/schedule."
- Phoenix: Phoenix is offering free delivery on Bowen. Book a virtual tour and Jared can take you through the store to see what there is have in stock. Tons of Easter gifts available. Call or email to book a time. Available all day. 604-947-2793 Or email us at Phoenixcompanybc@gmail.com. ""Some of you have young people with Birthdays approaching. Let us take your young person through our store to choose there own birthday box. Book a virtual tour of the Phoenix with me via Facebook Messenger, and we can build a birthday box together. Every birthday boy or girl in March and April will receive a free $15.00 gift card on us," wrote Jared Brown on Facebook. "The Phoenix is doing a weekly book order. Every Saturday, we will be sending a book order to our distributor in Vancouver. Books should arrive 2-3 days later. (Monday or Tuesday) All books will be 15% off. If you have any books that you would like us to order, please contact us. Email email@example.com. Facebook messenger Jared Brown or Facebook at Phoenix on Bowen. Phone (604) 947-2793. Someone will be in store from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
- Bowen Island Public Library: closed and all programs and events. Return slot closed. Keep library materials at home until it’s re-opened. All items currently out have extended due dates to April 30 and will be extended further if needed. No fines will be charged for any overdues during this challenging time. Patrons can access online resources from home, including eBooks and eAudio, online learning, digital magazines and more. Staff are available to answer questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bowen Pet Supply: call 778-873-3125.
- Home Farm Gardens: "In keeping with social distancing practices the farm is closed to the public and we are accepting orders for food by phone only. We feel the farm and growing food is an essential service so please respect not dropping into the farm without an appointment right now. Please call or email first. Lots of food is growing! We are figuring out an appropriate delivery system at this time. CSA subscription boxes are still available and will begin in May," reads a post on their Facebook site.
- Bowen Island Soap Co: offering free delivery. Five for $45 on big Artisan soaps and Skin SOS mini moisturisers for $5. Sustainable bamboo soap dishes, large & small artisan soaps, bar shampoo, natural hair conditioner, lip balms, moisturizer and more also available. Order here.
- Conscious Cosmetics: see here.
- Caring Circle: "Office is closed till further notice. Our program director can still be reached by phone @ 604-947-0232 or 604-250-1977. Best to call during regular working hours (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.) but if necessary, call anytime," reads a post on their Facebook page.
- Fabulous Finds: Closed for now but open by appointment only. Encouraging gift certificates. Call 604 760-8550 to make an arrangement. Posting daily picks for men, women and children on Facebook and Instagram with option of pick-up or delivery.
- USSC Marina: "Due to COVID19 Union Steamship Marina Moorage and Guest Cottages will be suspending all reservations until May 31," says the USSC website. "Please make a reservation for later in the season and we will keep you updated if we need to suspend guest reservations further into the season. We will take vessels during storms for shelter. Thank you the Team at USSC!"
Here's what's closed:
- Bowen Youth Centre: closed until further notice watch for updates on Facebook page @BowenYouthCentre. "Youth Centre is going to continue to offer our Youth Power series as online group sessions. Looking for someone who would be interested in doing one on perspective drawing. Suggestions welcome," reads a post on its Facebook page.
- Bowen Island Recycling Depot: closed as of March 17. Any updates will be posted on BIM website. "At this time, Bowen Waste Solutions will continue with essential services such as garbage, green waste/food waste and commercial pick-up," said a statement supplied by the municipality.
- Catching Stars Gallery: "We will continue to share daily in Social Media streams, on behalf of all the artists. We offer gift certificates and can complete transactions via phone and then email the gift certificates out (or deliver to your front door if you live on Bowen)," the gallery posted on Facebook. "Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any questions. Call or text 1(780)720-5268. Direct message on social media or email email@example.com."
- Bowen Island Community Recreation: all programs cancelled and spaces close indefinitely
- Bowen Children's Centre: all programs suspended as of March 17.
- Knick Knack Nook: closed until further notice.
- Arts Pacific Gallery: closed until further notice.
- Gallery@Cove Commons: closed until further notice.
- Bowen Island Museum and Archives: "The archives will remain open for research requests by email but the building is closed," says archivist Catherine Bayly.
- Bowen Island Chiropractic closed until further notice.
- Bowen Island Massage Therapy and Bowen Island Wellness Centre: closed until further notice.
- Birch Wellness: Closed as of March 18. " All practitioners will be transitioning to telemedicine to continue supporting your healthcare needs. More details to come as we update our booking site, set up telemedicine and implement direct billing," said its Facebook post.
- Cedar Wellness: closed until further notice.
- Kelly Konno Dance Studio closed until further notice.
- Bowen Island Golf Course: closed until further notice.
- The Gym: temporarily closed. Will extend all memberships and freeze all AutoPay clients.
- Bowen Island Sea Kayaking: " Due to the current concerns of viral transmission, BISK will remain closed at least until May 1. We will be re-assessing the reasonableness of opening or staying closed over the next few weeks. Bookings can still be made for after May 1, and refunds are always guaranteed if this situation persists," said a Facebook statement.
- Bowen Island Dog Ranch: closed until further notice. "Please email or call us if we are still caring for your dog, but know all the remaining pups are healthy and happy, and we will house them as long as you need," says owner Karen Munro.
- Bowen Island Tattoo Shop closed until April 15. In the meantime still selling paintings, selling prints, doing commission pieces and designs, consults over email, text, Instagram, Facebook messenger or phone.
- Real Rapunzel: "The Real Rapunzel will be closed until the end of March. Opening hours in April to be determined, but we are adjusting to the challenges and as of April we will offer a mending/alteration service for garments that do not require fittings. We are currently working out the logistical details and challanges so please check in our Facebook page (The Real Rapunzel) or Instagram (therealrapunzelonbowen) for the upcoming launch. The Real Rapunzel is offering also gift certificates. for inquiries and orders call or text for easy arrangement. Ines (604) 813 8324"
- Squirrel: Closed until further notice. "I am happy to book an appointment with you if you are needing anything at all. We arrange a time and I'll walk you through the store with Facetime or equivalent so you can see/find out more/choose (not mandatory :) anything you like. Payments can be made with credit cards (we take Amex too) over the phone or etransfer. I can contactlessly deliver if you live on Bowen or mail if you live elsewhere. Gift certificates are also available as usual," says a post on Facebook.
- Bowen Land and Sea Taxi is closed.
Here's what's cancelled/recheduled due to COVID-19:
- The Michigan Rattlers' show at the Bowen Island Pub (originally scheduled for March 28) will now happen on September 19. Tickets to go on sale when the virus plays the course.
- Bowen Island Express Bus and afternoon water taxi commuter service cancelled.
- Bowen Island Community Choir rehearsals postponed.
- Seniors Keeping Young cancelled until further notice.
- The Legion’s Friday evening dinners will be suspended until April.
- The Garden Club cancelled April 6 event.
- Trust Me Series Pierre Schryer and Adam Dobres concert on March 27 is postponed until Nov. 27. "Tickets can be held for that date, refunded or cost donated to the artists. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for any of those options."
- Bowen Island municipal committee meetings cancelled.
- Bowen Island municipal council meetings moved online.
- Community Lunches at the Legion are postponed.
- All summer acquatics (947 swim) have been postponed. Registration postponed.
- Bowen Island Football Club season suspended
Get the latest news about covid here.
See what islanders are doing to help one another here.