To search this page, press “command-F.”
We will update this list of closed, reopening or modified services and events daily or as needed. Know of developments? Email email@example.com.
Here's how organizations and businesses are adapting to COVID-19:
- Bowen Island Municipality: Municipal Hall access by appointment only. Continuing to provide essential services. Contact: 604-947-4255 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BIM has activated the emergency operations centre and is asking that visitors not come to the island and return home if they're already on the island.
- BIM has reopened the basketball court, the tennis court and the West Vancouver School District has reopened the Bowen Island Community School playground.
- Bowen Island RCMP detachment office is closed and non-essential services suspended.
- Snug Cove General Store: Open noon to 7 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends. 8 people at a time. Credit or debit only. No reusable bags. Bottle depot closed. Pick-up and delivery service available Monday to Friday. Email email@example.com by midnight, your order will be prepared the next day. Please be as specific as possible when describing your items. Include phone number and will call if clarifying needed. Pickup available noon to 7 p.m.
- Ruddy Potato: Open 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. except on Mondays and Thursdays when close at 6 p.m. Now entry only through the cafe entrance and following a specific route through the store (in one direction). They ask you come with a list and follow the lines. Cafe closed. Customers can now pre-order groceries, "We will pick your order, charge your credit card, box it up and have it ready for you to collect at the door. Follow this link for instructions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org," reads a Facebook post. One can also order dinners from the Ruddy Kitchen. Click here to see what's available today. Temporarily closed is the self-serve water station in the store. Have a new water corral outside and doing santization/refills at night.
- Alderwood Farm: only staff allowed in the building. "The Specialty Food Shop at Alderwood Farm will be open but will only be taking orders by phone and Facebook and having these orders available for pick up or delivery. Pick up will be for prepaid items available in bags set outside the shop or for home delivery by FoodonBowen. Please phone us at 604-947-9434 or send a message to our Facebook page. We will be offering a limited menu to assist in keeping our customers and neighbors fed and healthy." Hours: Wednesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Taking orders 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and pick-up is from noon to 3 p.m. Can also ask for no-contact delivery service by Food On Bowen.
- Home Farm Gardens: "In keeping with social distancing practices the farm is closed to the public and we are accepting orders for food by phone only. We feel the farm and growing food is an essential service so please respect not dropping into the farm without an appointment right now. Please call or email first. Lots of food is growing! We are figuring out an appropriate delivery system at this time. CSA subscription boxes are still available and will begin in May," reads a post on their Facebook site.
- Bowen Island Farmers’ Market: market and its online ordering system as closed until further notice due to technical difficulties.
- Cates Pharmacy: Will allow patients/customers into the store three at a time. Upon entry sanitize hands; follow designated path through the store; practice required social distance. Refills can be requested through website. Can place prescription/order in drop box outside pharmacy door. Place request in a sealed envelope with payment info inside. To quicken pick-up, pharmacy asks that payment for requests emailed or faxed be phoned in prior to pick-up. Delivery for those in isolation can be arranged through Artisan Express. Available by phone 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Phone: 604-947-0766; email: email@example.com; www.medicinecentre.com; fax: 604-947-0736.
- Lifelabs: Social distancing measures include: Wait outside or in your car until your number is called (we have a small waiting area so please do not congregate inside). Maintain a 6ft distance from other patients. Wash your hands when you enter the clinic and use hand sanitizer frequently. Limit touching of handles and surfaces. Leave immediately following your appointment.
- Bowen Island United Church (Little Red Church): “We have created a YouTube channel and I will be recording reflections and Lynn [Ellis-Williams] will be singing hymns/songs,” said minister Lorraine Ashdown in an email. “There is something up there now but it’s is only audio recordings. We may get more adventurous as the weeks go by with actual video.” The link to Ashdown’s first recording is here: youtube.com/watch?v=teE-jV7Y6jo
- Cates Hill Chapel: “The Chapel is closed to all public gatherings, both for the church as well as the groups who use our space,” said pastor Phil Adkins in an email. “However, the Chapel is now offering live worship services via Zoom. We did our first gathering on Sunday. There were a few glitches, but it was heart-warming to see everyone and to practice our faith (even if by digital means)...Because each worship gathering has its own link through Zoom, I will be posting a new link on the front page of our website each week for those who can join us.” See Cates Hill Chapel’s website here: cateshillchapel.com.
- St. Gerard’s: Is closed until further notice. However, Mass from Holy Rosary Cathedral in Vancouver is streamed live on the internet every day, said Gayle Stevenson. Live streams are at 7:15 a.m., 12: 10 p.m., 5:10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 6:30 p.m. (in Spanish) and 8 p.m. on Sundays. See the cathedral’s website here: holyrosarycathedral.org/
Restaurants: An islander compiled all of the take-out menues of the open restaurants and cafes, see here.
- Artisan Eats: Serving goods "market" style on Saturdays and Sundays and posting on their Facebook page. New hours on June 1.
- Tuscany: Serving take-out. Visit Www.tuscanypizza.com for more info. New hours on June 1.
- Doc Morgan's: Take-out only and off sales. Hours: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Number is 604-947-0808. See Facebook for specials. Free delivery for orders over $50 or $5 flat rate for small orders. Closed May 25 & 26 to prep for reopening.
- The Snug Cafe: Open for take-out: muffins, pastries, coffee. Grill closed. Closed Mondays. Hours: Tuesday-Friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. New hours on June 1.
- Bowen Island Pub: Reopening building June 3. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays until June 3. For now take-out/delivery only, hours: noon to 9 p.m. "The Pub has launched an updated website that makes ordering Take-out and Delivery easier with an updated menu landing page and links to delivery. We have also introduced the ability to pre-order takeout meals ahead of time online by using our new email ordering form…check out www.bowenpub.com. With new changes in legislation The Pub is now able to offer the purchase of beer and wine with your take-out and delivery orders. Pricing and selection is available at our online ordering page. The Bowen Pub has introduced “bulk buying on Bowen”. In an effort to keep Sysco Wholesale Foods delivering to the island with the lower volume in restaurant business and to minimize trips into town and take some pressure off the General Store, The Pub is offering community members the ability to purchase bulk foods and case lots directly through us. Please “like” and follow Bowen Pub on Facebook for deals and details on what items are available for purchase each week. Orders will be placed by Wednesday at noon and received at the pub on Thursdays. Customers may order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders can be picked up at the pub Take-Out Desk and paid for by credit or debit at time of pick up. The Pub is committed to remaining open for the above services seven days a week from 12-8pm…call 947-BPUB (2782) or email email@example.com for more information," said owner Glenn Cormier.
- Cocoa West: Doing take away window and order/pick-up. Place orders online www.cocoawest.com by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 604 947-2996. Hours: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rustique Bistro: open for take-out. Wednesday to Saturday 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 604.947.2277 or message on Facebook to order.
- Barcelona Tapas and Wine Bar: take-out only. Pick-up and pay through the take-out window. "We've selected your favourite tapas that you can order through the phone and come and pick up at the window." Check Facebook, Instagram or Google for the take-out menu. Temporary opening hours effective March 19: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day. 604-947-2311.
- Bowen Sushi: offering delivery for $5 if an order is under $50 and free if over $50. 604-947-6806. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tell Your Friends Café: closed. Trying out delivery – see Facebook for options
- Branch on Bowen: Delivering taco kids and earnest ice cream Tuesdays and Fridays. Deadline to order is midnight day before delivery. Deliveries will star leaving Branch at 4 p.m.Order at www.branchonbowen.com
- The Village Baker: Now closed until further notice. "It is too risky for Neil with his chronic arthritis to be in a public space. Hopefully we will be back in business soon. Please supprt each other, stay safe and healthy," wrote Helen Reynolds on Facebook.
- Bowen Island Espresso Hut is closed
- Montgomery's Grill: Pop-up style restaurant this summer. Starting in June will try Saturdays only. "Signature grill items plus a decadent (probably)spicy alternative entré that can easily be transported in bio degradable servable things," said a Facebook post May 19.
- Food on Bowen: All deliveries contact-less. Now taking PayPal and credit card and e-transfer. Delivering 7 days a week. Hours: noon to 8 p.m. Sunday to Thursday; noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. "To place an order please do it thru the website foodonbowen.com If you are having troubles to place an order or you just want to confirm that i receive it please give me a call +1.236.335.3959 and I will be more than happy to assist you. If you have any suggestions or if you see an improvement opportunity and you want to share it with me please do it by email email@example.com or thru facebook as direct message," said a post on the Facebook page April 25.
- Artisan Office Services Ltd. and Artisan Express: Offering free delivery to those in self-isolation. See here.
Alcohol and cannabis:
- Bowen Beer and Wine Cellar: Open 10 a.m. daily, close at 9:30 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Debit or credit (preferably tap) only (no cash accepted). Not accepting bottle return at this time. If self-isolating call 604-947-2729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copper Spirit Distillery: closing the lounge and focusing on production. "We will be offering bottle sales Of vodka, rye spirit and gin by pick-up and delivery for those who are self-distancing. People can email us at email@example.com to place orders––we will e-mail invoices." Currently making hand sanitizer for essential services with some sometimes available for locals.
- Happy Isle Cannabis Company: remains open usual hours. "Our inventory and selection of products have been adjusted to meet the increased demand and have been assured that our inbound deliveries will remain the same schedule," said manager Rob Forbes on Facebook. "By law we cannot provide home deliveries. However, for seniors and others that are more vulnerable in our community we are extending our service to include private consultation appointments between the hours of 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. To set up an appointment, please call during our regular hours 604-947-9888 before 5 p.m. All appointments are set up 20 minutes apart to avoid contact with other customers either arriving or leaving. Please respect your time allocation."
- Bowen Waste Solutions: Garbage must be bagged and placed in curb-side receptacle (no loose garbage accepted.) No loose waste, tissues or toilet paper soiled with human fluids, disinfectant or cleaner. All disposable wipes are garbage. Container should weigh no more than 40 lb. Household limit of 3 curb-side items (food waste, bags, cans or bundles).
- Bowen Island Recycling Depot: Open 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Upon entry to BIRD, vehicles will be directed to parking area. Two vehicles max. will have access to the building at one time, allowing for physical distancing. Temporary limits and procedures include that: all recyclables must be clean and pre-sorted; one person per vehicle can enter the building. Children and pets remain the vehicle; five-minute sorting time per vehicle; a max. of four containers per vehicle. Accepting refundables and electronics.
- Bowen Fuels: Open Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pay debit or credit if possible.
- Bowen Freight: "Bowen Freight is doing everything we can to prevent bringing the Covid-19 virus back to the Island. Our driver dawns a protective P-100 respirator and latex gloves before entering a warehouse, disposes of the gloves before reentering the cab and then sanitizes his hands. On the return ferry he changes into a fresh set of clothing and seals the ‘soiled’ clothing in a garbage bag for washing that evening. At this time we’re accepting requests for vital cargo (food / drugs / pet food, etc..), reasonably vital cargo enabling islanders to continue in maintenance mode (appliances, plumbing, roofing, etc) or assist in becoming more self-sustainable (generators, green houses, etc..) We will not be accepting cargo for renovations / upgrades or furniture and ask that you not order such things at this time. Because of social distancing we will only be offering curb side drops (ie. As close to the destination we can get with the truck). In some cases we may be able to deliver to door if able to be done by our driver (ie. Level ground to door). Canpar / DHL / Loomis / Fedex ground will continue as usual but will be left at the door with no signature required. I consider our driver to be a hero for undertaking this challenge and commend him for bravery on the front line. You might want to express your gratitude through a window with a wave and a smile," says Allan Mills.
- Bowen Island Post Office: reduced hours: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on weekends.
- Cormorant Marine: "Afternoon commuter trips suspended until further notice. The late night service, which has been provided for 42 years will be suspended starting [March 18] until further notice. We will still provide private charter service. As well, the many trips we do for the Ambulance Service and other essential providers will be unaffected," wrote Brian Biddlecombe on Facebook.
- Bowen Building Centre: Will be open to the public on Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.: "We will be limiting store to a couple of people at a time and strict social distancing rules will be enforced. We may not be able to mix paint at this time. Please only one person per family in store so make a list in advance, bring your reading glasses and try to be as organized and prepared before you come," said owner Anna Donnelly on Facebook. Will be open for propane, presto logs and pellets on Tuesday and Friday between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. "Contractor sales will be load and go and only for existing accounts who order in advance. We will no longer be accepting cash so credit or debit accepted. Thank you for your understanding," Donnelly wrote on Facebook.
- First Credit Union: Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday. "We have divided the staff in to two teams that will rotate on a 2 week basis. This leaves us very short staffed on a day to day basis, so: we will no longer be open on Saturdays. Please help us flatten the curve by doing what you can over the phone or online and if you do come in, maintaining social distance."
- First Class Property Services Ltd: "First Class Property Services is committed to providing the following essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic to all of our valued Bowen clients. Urgent calls related to ongoing building damage/leaks or client safety will be prioritized over our other key cleaning services while this crisis lasts. Please note that most regular interior cleaning services are unavailable at this time and we will only enter or pass through a client's home if absolutely necessary while wearing an N-95 mask and gloves following strict social distancing and other key safety procedures. Please call/text us at 778-998-7873 to schedule any of the following services: Priority response related to ongoing damage or leaks involving roofs, gutters, skylights, siding, windows, etc. Safe & effective roof moss removal and maintenance to prevent attic mold/mildew & roof leaks that compromise human health. Roof valley, downspout and eavestrough drainage analysis, clean-out & repairs. Roof vent and exterior chimney stack inspection & cleaning to ensure safe ventilation and proper airflow. Outdoor security camera installation for remote property monitoring. Pressure washing of slippery decks, stairs, driveways, docks, ramps & floats to ensure safe property access. "Virtual curb appeal" real estate pre-sale cleaning packages to help your property look its best for online marketing. Professional cleaning of windows, screens, glass awnings, skylights, are available to those who are self-isolating at home and could use a mental health boost from a brighter outlook. Stay safe and keep connected Bowen! We are all in this together!" says owner Jordan Goodbrand.
- Bowen Veterinary Services: still offering wellness & vaccine appointments but limiting to one in morning and one in afternoon. Spacing out all other appointments to allow for more cleaning and disinfecting. Leave all personal items such as collars, leashes, blankets, toys etc. at home. Will ask three basic health-related questions before allowing entry and if one answers yes or is symptomatic, someone else needs to bring pet to vet. Nail trims, anal gland expressions or non-essential tech appointments postponed until further notice. Will continue to send after-hours emergency and critical care patients to Mountainside Animal Hospital & 24 Hr Services.
- Matthews IT Consulting is still offering remote support for those who may be working from home: 604-970-2245.
- Bowen Island Public Library: closed programs and events. Offering take-out book options. Patrons can access online resources from home, including eBooks and eAudio, online learning, digital magazines and more. Staff are available to answer questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Take-out book options available.
- Caring Circle: "Office is closed till further notice. Our program director can still be reached by phone @ 604-947-0232 or 604-250-1977. Best to call during regular working hours (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.) but if necessary, call anytime," reads a post on their Facebook page.
- Bowen Island Museum and Archives: "The archives will remain open for research requests by email but the building is closed," says archivist Catherine Bayly.
- Bowen Land and Sea Taxi is closed.
- Bowen Island Express Bus and afternoon water taxi commuter service cancelled.
- On-island transit operating as usual
- Bowen Island Community Recreation: programs cancelled and spaces closed indefinitely
- Bowen Youth Centre: closed until further notice watch for updates on Facebook page @BowenYouthCentre. "Youth Centre is going to continue to offer our Youth Power series as online group sessions. Looking for someone who would be interested in doing one on perspective drawing. Suggestions welcome," reads a post on its Facebook page.
Retail and art:
- Knick Knack Nook: closed until at least the end of June
- The Watering Can Supply: Shop online at thewateringcansupply.com. Reopening May 30; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bowen Island Flower Shop: " Our indoor shop is still not open for you to visit, you’ll find flower, indoor plants and gifts on our website for order, but our courtyard garden centre will continue to operate on an “honour system” with social distancing required. (any plant advice needed we are happy to give you via email or phone).Daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Please read the info on the door for payment options. A simple photograph and or list to email@example.com and we’ll send you an invoice back as we need to add tax.) Remember, only visit if you feel well, are not living with someone quarantined, and respect social distancing if someone else is there." The shop said on Facebook. See selection and more information on its website.
- Bowen Pet Supply: Open 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. One person allowed in at a time. Free delivery to Bowen Island and West Vancouver. Call 778-873-3125.
- Bowen Island Soap Co: offering free delivery. Five for $45 on big Artisan soaps and Skin SOS mini moisturisers for $5. Sustainable bamboo soap dishes, large & small artisan soaps, bar shampoo, natural hair conditioner, lip balms, moisturizer and more also available. Order here.
- Conscious Cosmetics: see here.
- Phoenix: Free Delivery and 10% off all books in May. Hours 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- 604-947-2793 Or email us at Phoenixcompanybc@gmail.com.
- Fabulous Finds: By appointment. “I believe that it is not yet the time to open to the general public. Until I feel confident that it is safe to openly welcome customers, the store will stay closed,” said owner Susan Pratt. “Now, I am making plans to ensure the future shopping environment of Fabulous Finds enhances safety measures. This will include limiting the numbers of customers allowed in the store at one time. All customers will be given a pair of complimentary disposable gloves and any clothing that is tried on will be isolated for 2 days or more.I will also ask that customers wear a face mask.The point of sale is tap and a plexiglass security screen will be installed at the cash desk. I am also taking ideas on safety protocol from the clothing industry but, most of all, I am taking direction from the guidelines of the Provincial Government.”
- Out of the Blue: Reopened with health protocols in place
- Vikki Fuller: "Follow my castaway adventures on Instagram @firstname.lastname@example.org or email me email@example.com. Accepting commissions for my return Aug. 1."
- Miki Tanaka: "Gift certificate; Online Store; Custom pieces (Wedding/Anniversary); Gift wrap/Local free delivery; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Solid silver, gold, bronze jewelry made by hand. Established 2001 in NYC. Studio/Store on Bowen Island Artisan Square since 2018. Store is closed for now, but I’m at the bench. Please contact if you are looking for a special gift for someone or yourself! www.mikitanaka.com @mikitanakajewelry."
- Catching Stars Gallery: open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays for May.Info@catchingstarsgallery.com
- Maison Sanskar at Artisan Square: Reopening May 19. Delivery offered for isolated Bowen Islanders. Online eco fashion showroom lookbook, virtual custom sizing and gift certificates. Call Gail at 604-833-6893.
- Real Rapunzel: Reopening June 5 for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Hours: 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. "Addinional opening hours might be added in July and August," says owner Ines Ortner. "Please check in on social media for additional times, for great new little thank you gifts, special re-opening offers and our stay-healthy visitor guidelines. facebook: The Real Rapunzel or Instagram: therealrapunzelonbowen."
- Squirrel: Opening May 21, hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Connie Wright Originals: Opening May 21-24 and May 28-31 with social distancing in place. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call Connie at 604-290-5313
- Arts Pacific Gallery: Closed but looking to reopen soon.
- Gallery@Cove Commons: by appointment only.
- Movement Global: call Amrita at 778-863-7770 to shop virtually or in person. To shop online visit movementglobal.com. Curb-side pick-up and gift certificates available.
Health & wellness:
- Bowen Island Integrated Health: Reopening May 19. "On our end, we will be: staggering appointment start and end times in an effort to limit the bodies in the reception area at given time, adding breaks between visits to allow for thoroughly disinfecting before and after each visit, limiting and appropriately spacing waiting room chairs, supplying PPE, reception sneeze guards, additional sanitizers, and appropriate personal. To ensure a safe experience for everyone we will also be implementing protocols for clients in addition to the standard physical distancing guidelines. In order to further mitigate risk we ask that you please: 1) Arrive on-time for your visits, should you be early, please wait outside of the office. This will ensure fewer people in our common areas. Appointments times will not fall on regular intervals so please double check your times. 2) Bring a mask or face covering for use while in the building. This can include scarves, bandanas, or non-medical grade masks. 3) Use contactless payments and update the clinic with your credit card information. We will continue to run direct billing to reduce out of pocket costs. 4) If you are sick, have been travelling, or have come into direct contact with someone who has been ill please reschedule your appointment at no charge. Same day cancellations due to illness or at time of visit for patients exhibiting signs of illness or fever will not be charged. 5) Know we’re here for you. Our practitioners and reception staff will be going above and beyond to ensure your safety. In order to reduce close contact interactions, we may be running with decreased staffing. At times, there may not be a receptionist at the front and your practitioner will be there to take you in. Should you require assistance with booking, payments or customer service issues please call or email the clinic and we will get back to you as soon as possible. After resuming clinic operations on the 19th, we will continue to offer our Telehealth services with Chiropractor Dr. Lendvoy, Physiotherapist Gregory Smith, Psychologists Dr. Graeme and Karla Saruk, Dietitian Ellie MacKay and Kinesiologist Rachel Canning. For more information about Telehealth services please visit our website. Schedules will be opened online for each practitioner in the coming days, please visit our website for further updates," says a post on BIIH's Facebook page.
- Positively Fit: Offering virtual strength and core classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. over Zoom.
- The Well: is offering virtual yoga classes. There's namastream, "We have a growing library of pre-recorded online classes in a variety of lengths and styles for just $20/month. Click here to sign up. (Members get access for free, contact them for your exclusive coupon code)" says studio manager Sarah Kraatz. And there are livestream classes on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. led by Chantal Russell and Sarah Kraatz. "Book your classes as usual via Mindbody and you’ll get the link via email. Use your existing package or unlimited membership to book. http://thewellonbowen.com/schedule."
- Kelly Konno Dance Studio reopening with a redesigned schedule –– combo of Zoom, outdoor and in-person reduced-size classes.
- The Gym: temporarily closed. Will extend all memberships and freeze all AutoPay clients. Trying a soft reopening May 26––5 members only at a time, one hour at a time, restrooms closed. Text Brad to book a time.
- Birch Wellness: Reopened.
- Cedar Wellness: closed until further notice.
- Bowen Island Chiropractic: open Tuesdays and Fridays with new COVID protocols; bring own mask, don't come in if symptomatic (no cancellation fees for illness), wait in car until appointment time, e-transfer preferred method of payment.
- Bowen Island Massage Therapy and Bowen Island Wellness Centre: closed until further notice.
- 947 Swim summer 2020 aquatics program cancelled.
- Bowen Island Tattoo Shop: Stay tuned for reopening news in Instagram @bowenislandtattooshop
- Bowen Barber: looking to reopen soon.
- Moss Hair Studio: looking to reopen soon.
- USSC Marina: see the website here for upates.
- Bowen Island Golf Course: Open Wednesday to Sunday with strict rules (see more info here).
- Bowen Island Sea Kayaking: “Optimistically taking bookings for June 1.”
- Bowen Island Dog Ranch: “We’re open for board and train this summer on a case-by-case basis," said owner Karen Munro. " If you’ve got a new puppy that needs some training, or your dog needs some training to improve their life (and yours!), we’d be happy to help. Please email Carey Bolduc our Head Trainer to find out more, and discuss both yours and your dog’s training needs: email@example.com. We are not yet taking reservations for boarding and likely won’t open for boarding until the fall due to ongoing uncertainties, but we will keep you posted. Our day care is permanently closed and we’re working on hiring a new groomer.”
- Bowen Island Accommodations closed until at least the end of May.
- Learn to Sail: early bird registration ends May 31.
Here's what's cancelled/rescheduled due to COVID-19:
- Bowen Island Classic Motor Show cancelled
- Run for Rwanda: virtual run from July 22 to July 29.
- Bowen Island Community Choir rehearsals postponed.
- Seniors Keeping Young cancelled until further notice.
- The Legion’s Friday evening dinners
- Community Lunches at the Legion are postponed.
- Bowen Island Football Club season suspended
- Logger Sports Show
- Dock Dance Cancelled
- SloPitch season cancelled
- Trust Me Series Pierre Schryer and Adam Dobres concert on March 27 is postponed until Nov. 27. "Tickets can be held for that date, refunded or cost donated to the artists. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for any of those options."
Get the latest news about COVID here.